PDA

View Full Version : manual backup

linux123
July 8th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Is it possible to make manual restore from the backup taken by ZRM

paddy
July 9th, 2009, 04:15 AM
Yes you can. You can use mysql-zrm-restore. If you want to do restoration without ZRM, you can easily do so from logical backups. Other backup methods are more complex.

Please provide more details.

linux123
July 10th, 2009, 04:31 AM
I want to restore a database that has been backed up by ZRM where backup-mode=logical but the thing is.... I want to restore it manually just by mysql commands not by ZRM restore command... In this situation what is the procedure....

Does ZRM make any *.sql file while logical backup?

paddy
July 10th, 2009, 04:51 AM
For logical backups, ZRM creates *.sql file in /var/lib/mysql-zrm/<backup set name>/<date time stamp>/ directory. You should be able to pass it to mysql command directly.

If you have compressed or encrypted it, please uncompress/decrypt before passing it on to mysql command.

Paddy

linux123
July 10th, 2009, 05:46 AM
Thanks for your reply

Can you guide how to uncompress/decrypt that file and which one has to do 1st uncompress or decrypt.

Raja

paddy
July 10th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Thanks for your reply

Can you guide how to uncompress/decrypt that file and which one has to do 1st uncompress or decrypt.

Raja

If you are using default methods, use gpg to decrypt (See /usr/share/mysql-zrm/plugins/encrypt-plugin.pl) and then use gunzip to
uncompress the file.

Paddy

linux123
July 12th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Thanx paddy for your reply let me check it.

-Raja