PDA

View Full Version : Problem with accented letters!

ipv4
May 5th, 2009, 05:59 AM
Hi all,
when i backup the entire c: folder of my windows client with zwc client, accented letters suddenly become ” .....

Any ideas to solve this problem?

Thanks

paddy
May 5th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Hi all,
when i backup the entire c: folder of my windows client with zwc client, accented letters suddenly become �.....

Thanks

You mean after backup or after restoring from a backup?

Paddy

ipv4
May 6th, 2009, 01:29 AM
You mean after backup or after restoring from a backup?

Paddy

After backup,
I checked via amrecover and letters have already changed, so the restore copy them in the wrong way...

Looking in google the problem may be due to character set, on my ubuntu server utf8, on windows i don't know....

ipv4
May 19th, 2009, 03:53 AM
I need your help one more time,

i have partially solved the problem by setting the LANG variable of the server on iso8859-1, and here are the results:

1) if I use the client 2.5.2p1 I have no problem with accented letters but with some system files such as ../WINDOWS/system32/config/system I have an error like this:
"/ system: Warning: Can not open: Device or resource busy"

2) if I use 2.6 client, accented letters are wrong and system file seems ok.

(.....logfile.txt:
NTFS: ReadStreams: Reading metadata streams for file \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\...\Verifica guidata compatibilitŗ programmi.lnk

After recover:Verifica guidata compatibilit” programmi)

I tried to change dumptype many times in disklist file with both version of client but not all are supported...(e.g client 2.5 with zwc-compress after upgrade cygwin say:FAIL planner client /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/config 200905200000 0 "[no size line match in /bin/dump output]")

I need to backup my windows xp ita client, how is possible that there is this difference between the two versions of the client(2.6 and 2.5.2) regarding accented letters?
Windows Client 2.6 support charset iso8859-1?

Thanks to all, i hope some help

ipv4
June 3rd, 2009, 01:19 AM
I also had this problem, but the tips have helped me

Are you sure? Paddy said that the client does not support the charset iso8859-1, I hope in future we will solve the problem... Tips couldn't help me, can you link me the tips that you refer?

Htscreativ.com
June 25th, 2009, 09:53 AM
when i backup the entire c: folder of my windows client with zwc client, accented letters suddenly become ” .....