PDA

View Full Version : Using post-backup-plugin option in .conf

roccos
April 9th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Hi everyone,

Iím currently struggling with the post-backup-plugin option for zrm 2.1,. It seems like every time I run a backup, the post backup script I have produced is called twice. Have anyone notice this before? If I print some output to the screen, I can see that is only displayed once when running the zrm-scheduler, so it looks like it only run once. However, if the script is writing to a file, then this is done twice. It seems like the arguments also changes from the first run to the second. My script looks like this:

open(QUEUE,">>test.txt") || die("This file will not open!");
print QUEUE "value: $ARGV[3]\n";
close(QUEUE);
exit(0);

After one zrm-scheduler run, the output in the file is:

value: /var/lib/mysql-zrm/backup1/20090409195420
value: --checksum-finished

Can someone explain this Ė and why does the argument change?

The purpose of the script is to have the current backup-destination printed to a file. How do I find a workaround to get this to work? Is it possible to find out which type of backup I have ran and have it parsed into the perl script as well? I can see that the index file is written after the script, so I cannot fetch the information from there.

Best regards
R.

paddy
April 9th, 2009, 01:41 PM
See comments in post-backup plugin template (/usr/share/mysql-zrm/plugins/post-backup.pl). It should answer your question. I think you are looking for backup-directory.

# Parameters passed to the plugin
# -------------------------------
# First parameter is the value of "post-backup-plugin-options" from the
# mysql-zrm.conf(5) configuration file.
# Second parameter is the data being backed up. It will be either
# '--all-databases' or
# '--databases <"db1 db2 ...">' or
# '--database <db>' and '--tables <"table1 table2 ...">'
# Third parameter will be --backup-directory <path>
# Fourth parameter will be --checksum-pending
#
# The second time the post-backup-plugin is called it will have 2 parameters
# First parameter will be --backup-directory <path>
# Second parameter will be --checksum-finished

roccos
April 9th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Hi paddy,

Thanks for the quick answer. So the post-backup plugin are called to times for each zrm-scheduler run? When is it called first time and second?, and what are the reason for that? Do I have any chance to check, whether it is called 1. or 2. - maybe by counting the total argument list? So the solution for me, might be something about checking wheither argument third or first will look like a path.

Is it possible to find our what type of backup-level that the current job is running if it has been started with parameter, eg. mysql-zrm-scheduler --now --backup-set backup1 --backup-level 1, then I want to do something specific with the backup in the post-backup plugin, if it e.g. is a full backup.

Best regards.
R.

paddy
April 10th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Hi paddy,

Thanks for the quick answer. So the post-backup plugin are called to times for each zrm-scheduler run? When is it called first time and second?, and what are the reason for that? Do I have any chance to check, whether it is called 1. or 2. - maybe by counting the total argument list? So the solution for me, might be something about checking wheither argument third or first will look like a path.

Is it possible to find our what type of backup-level that the current job is running if it has been started with parameter, eg. mysql-zrm-scheduler --now --backup-set backup1 --backup-level 1, then I want to do something specific with the backup in the post-backup plugin, if it e.g. is a full backup.

Best regards.
R.

It is called before and after checksums are computed. You have to differentiate between based on the argument passed (--checksum-pending and --checksum-finished).

You should be able to look the configuration (includes backup-level passed
as argument). It is available in ZRM_CONF env variable. See parseConfFile() in encrypt-plugin.pl for an example.

Paddy

roccos
April 11th, 2009, 07:57 AM
That did the trick, thank you.

R.