PDA

View Full Version : Windows restore problems

fbiavati
March 26th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Hi Folks,

I’m working on Zmanda Management Console (installed on SLES 10 SP 3) and I’m doing some test with a Windows 2003 32 bit client.
Here are informations about my systems
Server packages name:
amanda_enterprise-backup_server-2.6.4p2-1.sles10.i586.rpm
amanda-enterprise-2.6.4-installer.bin
Client package name:
ZWCInstaller-Server-32bit.zip

I’m able to perform a full backup (without any error) of my Windows server, but I receive a strange message during the restore procedure.
If I try to restore one of the file, I have the message:
Status of Restore: Failure
Output:
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /opt/zmanda/amanda/bin/amfetchandresolve line 3352.
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 at /opt/zmanda/amanda/bin/amfetchandresolve line 3602.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /opt/zmanda/amanda/bin/amfetchandresolve line 3356.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /opt/zmanda/amanda/bin/amfetchandresolve line 3356.
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'and restore=true) and conf_dle_id=' at line 1 at /opt/zmanda/amanda/perl/lib/5.8.8/i686-linux-thread-multi/Logging.pm line 197.
ERROR: Error selecting index files list from index_details
ERROR: Files Not Selected for Restore
Error restoring the selected files

I tried to gunzip my index file, and in that list I can see all the file previously backupped (also the file that I’m tring to restore).

Here is my disklist file (as you can see I’m backupping the entire “C:” drive):
tstcs2.psc.pscnet.com "c:/" {
auth "bsdtcp"
index 1
comment "Global definitions"
compress none
property "zmc_uuid" "49cb9e4ec2e68"
property "zmc_type" "windows"
property "zmc_amanda_configuration_name" "DailySetLIBRARY"
property "last_modified_by" "admin"
property "last_modified_time" "2009-03-26 08:25:29"
property "zmc_amanda_configuration_id" "2"
property "zmc_version" "1"
program "DUMP"
}

Have you got any idea?
I tried to post this issue on the “Amanda Enterprise” forum, but with my account I can’t (even if I’m a Zmanda customer)

Thanks in advance,
Federico Biavati

tkr
March 26th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Hi Fedrico
I have enabled access for you to be able to post to Enterprise forums. It looks like you may be running into a bug. Did you install all the updates and patches for 2.6.4 from Zmanda Network? Also , you can use the support tab in Zmanda Network to log a technical support issue.

Thanks
tk

fbiavati
March 26th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Hi TK,
Thank you for your support.
To be honest I bought the Enterprise version only yesterday, and I spent the week before working on the free version.
So my Amanda Enterprise server is up and running only from 24 hours and I didnít patch anything.

Iíll try to apply every patch for my O.S. and Iíll let you know.

Thanks,
Federico Biavati

fbiavati
March 27th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Hi TK,

after installing the following patches:
patch-5603.tar.gz
patch-5774.tar.gz
patch-5894.tar.gz
patch-6270.tar.gz

my problem is solved.
now I'm able to restore a file in my windows server.

Thanks!!!
Federico