PDA

View Full Version : 2.6.4 installation and configuration verification

elai
March 20th, 2009, 04:08 PM
I was recently asked to look into our production Zmanda 2.6.4. There were some backup failures and restore problems. According to the SysAdm, restore has never worked. I tried to click the explore button on the Restore Tab on Management Console. My browser showed 500 Internal Server Error. Some backup runs on remote machines have failed daily with messages like "Disk / All estimate timed out". When I performed end to end verification, it failed with these messages.

Dump Successful
Restore Successful
Data Compare error, Only in /tmp/zmc_test_quick/restore: 11160763233
Only in /tmp/zmc_test_quick/data: test_data_file.tmp

If anyone can give me some ideas where I should begin investigating and fixing this application I would be grateful.

Build: VERSION="Amanda-2.6.4"
BUILT_DATE="Tue Jul 29 12:52:04 PDT 2008"
BUILT_MACH="sparc-sun-solaris2.10" BUILT_REV="12580"
BUILT_BRANCH="Amanda_Enterprise_2_6_4" CC="cc"

Please help.

paddy
March 20th, 2009, 04:16 PM
The "end to end verification" failure is a known issue and a fix is available in Zmanda Network (http://network.zmanda.com/) downloads page.

It also appears that you are not running most recent version of Amanda 2.6.4, Amanda 2.6.4p2. Please upgrade to 2.6.4p2. The software and instructions are available in Zmanda Network.

If you are still having problems or need help with above steps, please open a support case in Zmanda network.

thanks,
Paddy