PDA

View Full Version : Successful backup, stange restore

flodidi
February 3rd, 2009, 12:34 AM
Dear Members,
we use Amanda Enterprise 2.6.4-p1 on Centos 5 as Backup-Server. Backup Client is a Windows Client 2.6.4p1.

Ive made a lot of different Backups to disks and tapes. The Backups runs successfully. When i want to restore to the windows client i get strange results.
Sometimes i get the message Restore: Successful, but when i check the data on the server, they are different.

For example. Ive a directory which includes both zip files and other files.
The Restore end on successful, but the zip files are missing.
When i want to restore only the zip files, the restoring fails. I get the error: ERROR: Fail to restore the file file.zip

I dont know, where is the problem. Anybody know this problem?

Regrads,
florian

paddy
February 3rd, 2009, 11:39 AM
Dear Members,
we use Amanda Enterprise 2.6.4-p1 on Centos 5 as Backup-Server. Backup Client is a Windows Client 2.6.4p1.

Ive made a lot of different Backups to disks and tapes. The Backups runs successfully. When i want to restore to the windows client i get strange results.
Sometimes i get the message Restore: Successful, but when i check the data on the server, they are different.

For example. Ive a directory which includes both zip files and other files.
The Restore end on successful, but the zip files are missing.
When i want to restore only the zip files, the restoring fails. I get the error: ERROR: Fail to restore the file file.zip

I dont know, where is the problem. Anybody know this problem?

Regrads,
florian

Please open a support case in Zmanda Network. You may want to use latest update available for 2.6.4 (2.6.4p2).

Paddy