PDA

View Full Version : Remote mysql cluster backup using ZRM Enterprise edition 3.0

lakshmi
January 27th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Currently I am trying to take remote mysql cluster backup using Zmanda mysql cluster enterprise edition 3.0. I could able to take backup using this but while copying backup data from remote data nodes to Zrm server there were errors like below.

DailyBackup_SSH:backup:INFO: Copying backup data from /home/mysql_backup_usr/backup_test/BACKUP/BACKUP-37 from node
DailyBackup_SSH:backup:INFO: host: data-node2
ssh: connect to host data-node2 port 7622: Connection timed out

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
Could not copy data
DailyBackup_SSH:backup:ERROR: Could not copy file "/home/mysql_backup_usr/backup_test/BACKUP/BACKUP-37"
DailyBackup_SSH:backup:ERROR: copy-plugin exited with error 512
DailyBackup_SSH:backup:ERROR: Unable to copy backup dir (/home/mysql_backup_usr/backup_test/BACKUP/BACKUP-37) from data node data-node2(node-id=10)

In above data-node2 is a fully qualified domain name(public ip mapped domain name) of data-node2, backup_test is backup set and mysql_backup_usr is a backup user which i created for taking backup.

Actually we have opened ssh port for data-node2 and we can able to ssh too. And mysql uid and gid of zrm server and data nodes also same.

Can you please suggest me what I need to do to solve this error.

Thanks in advance.

kulkarni_mangesh
January 27th, 2009, 08:12 PM
DailyBackup_SSH:backup:INFO: Copying backup data from /home/mysql_backup_usr/backup_test/BACKUP/BACKUP-37 from node
DailyBackup_SSH:backup:INFO: host: data-node2
ssh: connect to host data-node2 port 7622: Connection timed out

This seems to be problem with SSH config, either port or users. Can you please check whether you can do SSH from ZRM server to MySQL server by using “mysql” user, without specifying password?
Steps to perform:

Login to ZRM server by using root.
Become “mysql” user by executing “su - mysql”.
Try to open a SSH to MySQL server “ ssh _IP-Address-of-MySQL_”.

Can you please check, why ZRM server is getting “Connection Timed out” while connecting to MySQL server on port “7622”.

If still it doesn’t solves an issue, please post the verbose output of backup command .

Assuming that you are performing backup by using "mysql" user.