PDA

View Full Version : Performance Benchmarks for ZRM

mrigank.mishra
December 9th, 2008, 03:37 AM
Hi!

I wish to have performance benchmarks for ZRM while backing up heavily loaded MySQL servers. I found one in whitepapers section but that doesn't exactly yields the details for heavy load. Could somebody provide me with a link.

I want to use ZRM community ed. to take backups of heavily loaded data-nodes in clusters (without using ZRM cluster ed.).

Additionally, I'm looking to "optimize" ZRM backup sets for raw and logical backups.

Would be glad to recieve any suggestions.

paddy
December 11th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Hi!

I wish to have performance benchmarks for ZRM while backing up heavily loaded MySQL servers. I found one in whitepapers section but that doesn't exactly yields the details for heavy load. Could somebody provide me with a link.

I want to use ZRM community ed. to take backups of heavily loaded data-nodes in clusters (without using ZRM cluster ed.).

Additionally, I'm looking to "optimize" ZRM backup sets for raw and logical backups.

Would be glad to recieve any suggestions.

What do you mean by "heavily loaded"? Is it loaded in terms of number of transactions?

Are you trying to backup MySQL cluster? MySQL cluster cannot be backed up from a data node. You will not get a consistent backup.

Paddy