PDA

View Full Version : Backups are failing

psnead
November 21st, 2008, 12:07 PM
I am having trouble getting my backups to ZIB to complete.

I first created a large, full backup of my entire 2003 SBS server. The job simply fails in the backup stage with 0:00 elapsed time with the message "Unable to create archive files".

I then tried a small sample backup of a single directory with 14 files. This job completes the "backup" stage with a successful status message, but the upload portion fails with "Upload failed"

I have verified that the s3.crt file is in my C:\Program Files\Zmanda\Zmanda Internet Backup\zib\cert directory.

But there is no place to enter the activation key given to me by Amazon, where does this get entered?

Thanks,
- Patrick

paddy
November 21st, 2008, 03:05 PM

I first created a large, full backup of my entire 2003 SBS server. The job simply fails in the backup stage with 0:00 elapsed time with the message "Unable to create archive files".

Do you have sufficient space in backup folder?

I then tried a small sample backup of a single directory with 14 files. This job completes the "backup" stage with a successful status message, but the upload portion fails with "Upload failed"

Please look at the tooltip when you hover your cursor over the error message field. Do you get more details?

But there is no place to enter the activation key given to me by Amazon, where does this get entered?

Activation key provided by Amazon site is automatically included in the downloaded ZIP file. The user need not do anything and can ignore the activation key.

You can use Tool->Collect Logs to collect logs and attach to the forums post. These log file will provide more information and help us provide better answers.

Paddy

paddy
November 22nd, 2008, 10:11 PM

I have verified that the s3.crt file is in my C:\Program Files\Zmanda\Zmanda Internet Backup\zib\cert directory.

Thanks,
- Patrick

I think the workaround in http://forums.zmanda.com/showthread.php?t=1545 will help you.

Paddy

psnead
November 26th, 2008, 11:09 AM
I think the workaround in http://forums.zmanda.com/showthread.php?t=1545 will help you.

Paddy

Even with the new cert file (using workaround), I still got an error uploading to S3 bucket.

I went ahead and un-installed application, and then re-downloaded the application, and re-installed, and now the backups are working.

Thanks,

- Patrick

paddy
November 26th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Even with the new cert file (using workaround), I still got an error uploading to S3 bucket.

I think you were encountering communication problems with S3. This issue was fixed. Please see http://forums.zmanda.com/showthread.php?t=1552 for more details.

I went ahead and un-installed application, and then re-downloaded the application, and re-installed, and now the backups are working.

Good to know that backups and uploads are working with new images.

thanks,
Paddy

1life
July 9th, 2009, 10:44 PM
I am able to reproduce this on a 2003 SP3 server with the latest client install. If I select encryption, I get this error for either a system state or file backup set. If I remove encryption --- no problem. But I need encryption!!

gokul
July 9th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Hello,
What is the error you are getting with Encryption enabled? Do you mind collecting the logs and sending it to us.

For collecting the logs :
1 . Increase loglevel to 5. (using the Start Menu-> Programs- Zmanda Configuration Utility -> Logging -> LogLevel = 5
2 . Please restart ZWCService (from Microsoft Services).
3 . Run the backup + upload .
4 . Run the Support Script from the Start Menu -> Programs -> Zmanda.

You can send us the logs through yousendit.com by specifying zcb@zmanda.com in the "TO" address field.

Let me know if you have any questions,
Gokul.