PDA

View Full Version : Scheduler porblem

leiw
November 17th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Hello,

I want to setup daily backup at 05:00 a.m. . What I did the following scheduler command that no motion:

mysql-zrm-scheduler --add --interval daily --backup-set yy --backup-level 0--start 5:00

I can't saw yy backup-set folder in backup directory path in this morning. Did I setup wrong command ?

Thanks

leiw
November 17th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Please help

leiw
November 17th, 2008, 10:05 PM
I can use the following option -- now to backup logical mode database. But above scheduler command still cannot.

mysql-zrm-scheduler --now --backup-set dailyrun --backup-level 0

zmanda_jacob
November 18th, 2008, 07:20 AM
The command you typed looked correct, although there was no space after "--backup-level 0". That should create a cronjob in the "mysql" user's crontab at 5am daily for the "yy" backup set. If you specified "yy" then you should have a file /etc/mysql-zrm/yy/mysql-zrm.conf. If you don't then you will need to create one. Please check the above things and let me know if that helps. thank you.

leiw
November 18th, 2008, 08:22 PM
I had setup mysql-zrm-scheduler at 3:00 am yesterday. I was back to company and checked this schedule succeess to backup .

I did comment the following schedule in crontab:

#0 4 * * * /usr/bin/mysql-zrm --action purge

Is this purge command caused the backup schedule ?

Thanks

kulkarni_mangesh
November 18th, 2008, 08:46 PM
CRONTAB entry for “purge” is responsible for deleting expired backups. Expiry of backups is decided by retention policy.
We can set this in mysql-zrm.conf as follows:

# Specifies how long the backup should be retained. The value can be
# specified in days (suffix D), weeks (suffix: W), months (suffix: M) or
# years (suffix Y). 30 days in a month and 365 days in a year are assumed
# This parameter is optional and the default is the backups are retained
# forever.
#
#retention-policy=10W

leiw
November 19th, 2008, 02:33 PM
CRONTAB entry for “purge” is responsible for deleting expired backups. Expiry of backups is decided by retention policy.
We can set this in mysql-zrm.conf as follows:

# Specifies how long the backup should be retained. The value can be
# specified in days (suffix D), weeks (suffix: W), months (suffix: M) or
# years (suffix Y). 30 days in a month and 365 days in a year are assumed
# This parameter is optional and the default is the backups are retained
# forever.
#
#retention-policy=10W

Thank you about to explain what's retention-policy. But my problem can't resolve. Could anyone tell me why it can schedule backup at 3:00 am but can't do it at 5:00 am ?

P.S. If this problem can't resolve, I'll add the --now command backup job in crontab.

Thanks