PDA

View Full Version : Installing ZRM into non-default location

jegentom
September 3rd, 2008, 06:56 AM
Hello

We do not install MySQL using the default rpm, we install MySQL using the platform specific tarballs into a customized folder structure. This allows us easily to run different mysql servers on one server including different versions.

To manage this envirnoment we have a utility written in perl which, apart from other features, also contains DBD/DBI for MySQL.

As I want to match the zrm installation into this structure I would like to install zrm into an other than standard path on the server. Thus the following questions come up:

- Is it possible to install the whole zrm structure into a differnt path? If yes, how can I indicate where zrm looks for it's files (i.e. configuration etc)?
- Is it possible to use another perl installation than the one distributed direclty with the operating system (SLES)?
- Is it possible to back up different servers with different versions on the same server?

I am testing actually with the community edition.

Thanks for your help.

Thomas

paddy
September 3rd, 2008, 10:48 AM
Hello

We do not install MySQL using the default rpm, we install MySQL using the platform specific tarballs into a customized folder structure. This allows us easily to run different mysql servers on one server including different versions.

To manage this envirnoment we have a utility written in perl which, apart from other features, also contains DBD/DBI for MySQL.

As I want to match the zrm installation into this structure I would like to install zrm into an other than standard path on the server. Thus the following questions come up:

- Is it possible to install the whole zrm structure into a differnt path? If yes, how can I indicate where zrm looks for it's files (i.e. configuration etc)?

This is not possible. It will require code changes.

- Is it possible to use another perl installation than the one distributed direclty with the operating system (SLES)?

- Is it possible to back up different servers with different versions on the same server?

Yes. It is possible to backup different servers with different MySQL server versions.

Paddy