PDA

View Full Version : Problems with removeUncompressedBackup()

blthunder
July 22nd, 2008, 09:57 PM
Hi,

i'm trying to set up ZRM properly know for some days, but with out success :(
- ZRM runs on the same machine as MySQL does.
- Both running on FreeBSD 7.0
- Backupset contains MyISAM-only and 'mixed' DBs
- Backup-lvl=Full
- compress=1 (using bzip2)
- backup mode= raw

All works well until the function removeUncompressedBackup() is called.
I always get errors like this: Can't cd to /backup/BackupSet/20080723074448/somedb/.. at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/File/Find.pm line 940.

The folder /backup/BackupSet/20080723074448/ only contains 'backup-data' and 'index' after that.

Has anyone here a hint, what to do, to fix this?

Regards
Peter

kkg
July 22nd, 2008, 11:04 PM
The backup-data file contains the dta of the backup since you are using compression.

If you want to see the contents, use mysql-zrm-extract-backup

blthunder
July 23rd, 2008, 09:32 AM
Thx, but this isn't my problem. in my case the backup-data file is a .tar.bz file and i can extract it with tar / bzip2 directly, too.

The main problem is the error message produced by the removeUncompressedBackup() function. In result i get NO mail, because the job dies before the reporter is called.
I'm not very famliar with perl, so i can't fix this without help :(

Regards
Peter

kkg
July 23rd, 2008, 08:17 PM
Thx, but this isn't my problem. in my case the backup-data file is a .tar.bz file and i can extract it with tar / bzip2 directly, too.

The main problem is the error message produced by the removeUncompressedBackup() function. In result i get NO mail, because the job dies before the reporter is called.
I'm not very famliar with perl, so i can't fix this without help :(

Regards
Peter

Could you send us the verbose log please? That will help us to understand the problem better.

--kkg