PDA

View Full Version : Install zmanda not in "/usr/bin"

Charlie
July 3rd, 2008, 09:12 AM
I'd like to install and use zmanda, but I don't have access to the "/usr" directory. I noticed in the mysql-zrm script, I could set the $ZRM_BINPATH variable, but it looks like the paths to libraries, config files, etc don't use the ZRM_BINPATH variable at all.

The other executables don't even use the $ZRM_BINPATH. I noticed in the mysql-zrm-backup there's a line: system( "/usr/bin/mysql-zrm-verify-backup --create-checksum --source-directory ...notice the /usr/bin is hardcoded in the script.

Therefore, it seems the community version must be installed into the /usr directory and the $ZRM_BINPATH is ignored.

Is there anyway to install zmanda without using the /usr directory?

kkg
July 3rd, 2008, 09:22 AM
I'd like to install and use zmanda, but I don't have access to the "/usr" directory. I noticed in the mysql-zrm script, I could set the $ZRM_BINPATH variable, but it looks like the paths to libraries, config files, etc don't use the ZRM_BINPATH variable at all.

The other executables don't even use the $ZRM_BINPATH. I noticed in the mysql-zrm-backup there's a line: system( "/usr/bin/mysql-zrm-verify-backup --create-checksum --source-directory ...notice the /usr/bin is hardcoded in the script.

Therefore, it seems the community version must be installed into the /usr directory and the $ZRM_BINPATH is ignored.

Is there anyway to install zmanda without using the /usr directory?

As of now write access is needed to the following directories during install time:

/usr/bin
/usr/lib
/etc
/var/log

I would suggest opening an enhancement bug report at http://forums.zmanda.com/bugzilla/

--kkg