PDA

View Full Version : Cygwin client - incremental same size as full

glowkrantz
May 20th, 2008, 10:38 PM
I have a problem with the Cygwin client on one XP SP3 PC. It seems like the gnu tar incremental list don't work as expected. After doing a level 0 backup, the client starts trying to do level 1 backups but they are the same size as the level 0 backup, even on a testvolume that I have specificly left untouched.

Any ideas?

Have attached the gnutar and amanda dirs.

/glz

glowkrantz
May 20th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Upload failed - here are the logs.

paddy
May 21st, 2008, 09:55 AM
I have a problem with the Cygwin client on one XP SP3 PC. It seems like the gnu tar incremental list don't work as expected. After doing a level 0 backup, the client starts trying to do level 1 backups but they are the same size as the level 0 backup, even on a testvolume that I have specificly left untouched.

Any ideas?

Have attached the gnutar and amanda dirs.

/glz

I could not find the attachments.

Please check if you have set "record" to "no" in the dumptype. Please see amanda.conf (http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Amanda.conf) man page.

Paddy

glowkrantz
May 21st, 2008, 10:40 AM
No, record is yes.

And I am sure that is HAS worked but stopped working after I updated to 2.6. So I removed the Cygwin client and restored 2.5.1 but still not working. I even did a 100% remove of all off Cygwin and installed 2.5.1 but still same behavior.

I have checked permissions and as far as I can find, amabdabackup har full access to the drives in question. I have checked both in the root of each drive and a number of places down the tree.

The logs are to big for a zip upload,. so anyone that want to look at them can get them at http://people.hidden-powers.com/~glz/Temp.zip

/glz

glowkrantz
May 21st, 2008, 10:45 AM
And then thare are times when the brain is disconnected. Attached is my config.

/glz

glowkrantz
June 1st, 2008, 12:37 PM
Problem solved. The anti-virus scan done every night made gnu tar think every file on the volu,es had changed. I have not yet managed to determine what property the AVG Internet Security AV scan changes but I will continue to try and pin this down better.

/glz