PDA

View Full Version : Purpose of .mysql-zrm.pid??

bichon
May 7th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Can someone tell me the purpose of .mysql-zrm.pid?

I assume it holds the process id of the current process id, and gets deleted once the backup is complete.

My backup files are stored on S3FS. Occasionally the mount to S3FS breaks, and coincidentally, occasionally, subsequent backups fail:

prod-acteva-mysql-m2s1:backup:INFO: InnoDB data file are /var/lib/mysql/ibdata1
prod-acteva-mysql-m2s1:backup:INFO: InnoDB log dir is /var/lib/mysql/.
prod-acteva-mysql-m2s1:backup:ERROR: mysql-zrm appears to be already running for this backupset
prod-acteva-mysql-m2s1:backup:ERROR: If you are sure mysql-zrm is not running, please remove the file /etc/mysql-zrm/prod-acteva-mysql-m2s1/.mysql-zrm.pid and restart mysql-zrm
lease remove the file /etc/mysql-zrm/prod-acteva-mysql-m2s1/.mysql-zrm.pid and restart mysql-zrm
prod-acteva-mysql-m2s1:backup:INFO: mailing file /tmp/0GTaYggLb7

My assumption is that the mount happened to break during the middle of a
backup process... and subsequently, .mysql-zrm.pid remains, preventing
subsequent scheduled backups to proceed. Once I delete .mysql-zrm.pid,
my backups are up and running.

Are my assumptions correct? Thx.

paddy
May 8th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Can someone tell me the purpose of .mysql-zrm.pid?

I assume it holds the process id of the current process id, and gets deleted once the backup is complete.

My backup files are stored on S3FS. Occasionally the mount to S3FS breaks, and coincidentally, occasionally, subsequent backups fail:

prod-acteva-mysql-m2s1:backup:INFO: InnoDB data file are /var/lib/mysql/ibdata1
prod-acteva-mysql-m2s1:backup:INFO: InnoDB log dir is /var/lib/mysql/.
prod-acteva-mysql-m2s1:backup:ERROR: mysql-zrm appears to be already running for this backupset
prod-acteva-mysql-m2s1:backup:ERROR: If you are sure mysql-zrm is not running, please remove the file /etc/mysql-zrm/prod-acteva-mysql-m2s1/.mysql-zrm.pid and restart mysql-zrm
lease remove the file /etc/mysql-zrm/prod-acteva-mysql-m2s1/.mysql-zrm.pid and restart mysql-zrm
prod-acteva-mysql-m2s1:backup:INFO: mailing file /tmp/0GTaYggLb7

My assumption is that the mount happened to break during the middle of a
backup process... and subsequently, .mysql-zrm.pid remains, preventing
subsequent scheduled backups to proceed. Once I delete .mysql-zrm.pid,
my backups are up and running.

Are my assumptions correct? Thx.

Your assumptions are correct. Can you please provide the logs (set verbose to 1) when s3fs mount fails? We should clean up the pid automatically in that failure case.

Paddy