PDA

View Full Version : Problem in restore (after enabling compress)

superwest
April 17th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Hi,

I am using ZRM for MySQL (2.0) to backup my localhost MYSQL database. It is successful to backup the database. However, I using the following command to restore the database but with following error:

command:
mysql-zrm --action restore --backup-set dailyrun2 --source-directory /var/lib/mysql-zrm/dailytun2/20080418115756/

Error messages:
dailyrun2:restore:ERROR: could not delete /var/lib/mysql-zrm/dailyrun2/20080418115756
dailyrun2:restore:ERROR: Restore failed

But when I check the database, the database is actually restored (but could not verify whether it is restore properly). So, what is that error for?

Thanks.

Mario

kkg
April 17th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Hi,

I am using ZRM for MySQL (2.0) to backup my localhost MYSQL database. It is successful to backup the database. However, I using the following command to restore the database but with following error:

command:
mysql-zrm --action restore --backup-set dailyrun2 --source-directory /var/lib/mysql-zrm/dailytun2/20080418115756/

Error messages:
dailyrun2:restore:ERROR: could not delete /var/lib/mysql-zrm/dailyrun2/20080418115756
dailyrun2:restore:ERROR: Restore failed

But when I check the database, the database is actually restored (but could not verify whether it is restore properly). So, what is that error for?

Thanks.

Mario

Hi,

could you give us the following details:
a) Is the backup compresses and/or encrypted?
b) Which OS did you get this issue on?
c) Which version of Perl are you using?
d) Could you post the full verbose log of the restore?

--kkg

kkg
April 21st, 2008, 11:24 PM
Hi,

could you give us the following details:
a) Is the backup compresses and/or encrypted?
b) Which OS did you get this issue on?
c) Which version of Perl are you using?
d) Could you post the full verbose log of the restore?

--kkg

Please try with the following command and let me know if you still see an isuse.

mysql-zrm --action restore --backup-set dailyrun2 --source-directory /var/lib/mysql-zrm/dailytun2/20080418115756

--kkg

superwest
May 25th, 2008, 11:25 PM
kkg,

your solutions solve my problem. Thanks.