PDA

View Full Version : Scheduled Restore

dody
April 13th, 2008, 08:42 PM
hello everybody :), is it possible to do scheduled restored?
thanks before

kkg
April 14th, 2008, 02:01 AM
hello everybody :), is it possible to do scheduled restored?
thanks before

The main issue would be to determine which backup to restore from If you know that
you can do this by adding the restore script to the cron.

--kkg

kulkarni_mangesh
April 14th, 2008, 03:47 AM
You might need to consider following points while doing automated scheduled restores.

1. Selection of backup which needs to be restored.
2. In case of Full restore, normally MySQL server restart is required, this needs to be taken care.
3. In case of Incremental restore after restoring last full backup, MySQL restart is required and after restart we need to start incremental backup restore process. This needs to be taken care.

Can you please let us know the scenario in which automated / scheduled restores are required?

dody
April 14th, 2008, 08:20 PM
my plan is, to scheduled a backup on one database server, then to rsync the backup file to another server.

and on the other server, i scheduled restore action from the backup file that have been sent from the source server

can i do this? or maybe theres another way to do it? thanks in advance for the suggestion

dody

kkg
April 14th, 2008, 08:59 PM
my plan is, to scheduled a backup on one database server, then to rsync the backup file to another server.

and on the other server, i scheduled restore action from the backup file that have been sent from the source server

can i do this? or maybe theres another way to do it? thanks in advance for the suggestion

dody

Check out the following thread
http://forums.zmanda.com/showthread.php?t=1025

--kkg