PDA

View Full Version : Backing up to a tape drive connected to a client

cortezone
April 9th, 2008, 03:11 AM
Hi,

I'm new to Amanda. I have a situation where my tape drive is actually connected to a server which will be a client to the amanda server. The Amanda server itself hasn't got a SCSI port to connect to our external LTO drive. My question is whether Amanda can be configured to use the tape drive connected to the client and how.

Sorry if information exists already on the forum about this, though I haven't found any through searches.

TIA

paddy
April 9th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Hi,

I'm new to Amanda. I have a situation where my tape drive is actually connected to a server which will be a client to the amanda server. The Amanda server itself hasn't got a SCSI port to connect to our external LTO drive. My question is whether Amanda can be configured to use the tape drive connected to the client and how.

Sorry if information exists already on the forum about this, though I haven't found any through searches.

TIA

Amanda cannot use the tape drive that is connected to the client. Is it possible to configure the Amanda server to access the tape drive using iscsi?

Paddy