Thread: Amanda Enterprise Backup Server and opensource clients

Default Amanda Enterprise Backup Server and opensource clients

I have recently installed the backup server (enterprise) and the web ui is up and seems pretty functional.

We had a open source install running since June against open source clients.

It seems the Enterprise server is unable to speak to the open source clients right out of the box. This seems like it's because the ssh key and authorized_keys files are different (our open source amanda server ran under amanda user, and used keys out of there). The enterprise version runs as amandabackup and so I can see why that would be a problem.

Anyway, does anyone have a guide/steps to get these clients talking to the enterprise server ? I was told by the sales people at Zmanda that they would work, and to be honest, we will return the software before we purchase 50 client licenses (especially since they said it would work).

Anyway, any advice would be much appreciated!

What version of Amanda open source client are you using? Where did you get it from?

Please open a support case at Zmanda Network (click on support tab after logging to Zmanda Network).

thanks
    Paddy

I built it from source amanda-3.3.0.tar.gz (built for client only)

I will open a support case..

edit, case was created.. ticket# 8930

It turns out this is irrelevant.

Whether you use the opensource client or the enterprise client, you still need an access license per server. I have spoken with a sales rep and we will be returning the software.

In the future, try not to mis-represent your product. I spoke with Meena weeks ago who assured me we could use the open source clients with the enterprise server and never mentioned that we would need client access licenses for each server regardless of its software package install.