Thread: How to backup in 2 Tapes.

Question How to backup in 2 Tapes.

Hello,

Currently my backup exceeds limits backup tape sizes and always performs incremental backup. I try making full backup in 2 tapes using single tape drive and change manually.

My Amanda version is 2.5.2p1 and Tape drive model is HP StorageWork Ultrium 232 ( LTO 1 Tape)

Please advice how to configure.

Below is attachment for amanda.conf

amanda.txt

Quote Originally Posted by mdnizam View Post
    Currently my backup exceeds limits backup tape sizes and always performs incremental backup. I try making full backup in 2 tapes using single tape drive and change manually.

My Amanda version is 2.5.2p1 and Tape drive model is HP StorageWork Ultrium 232 ( LTO 1 Tape)
    You will need to change "runtapes 1" to "runtapes 2" to be able to use two tapes during a backup run of amdump. As you have it set now, Amanda is being TOLD by you that it can only use a maximum of ONE tape to do a backup run.

If you specify more than one, then you will also need some sort of "changer" defined to handle the tape changing. I have not used any manual tape changing, so you'll need to explore that on your own. I use the "chg-multi" tape changer for my "tpchanger" setting with our backups, and have virtual tapes (disk files) for backup output.

Cheers,

-Andrew [from the deserts of eastern Washington, USA]